Participants in the one-hour discussion include:
* Paul Springman, president and chief operating officer, Markel Corp.
* Marla Donovan, vice president, Burns & Wilcox
* Kevin Westrope, president and CEO, Westrope
* Richard Kerr, chairman and CEO, MarketScout Corporation ,A member of the A.M. Best Co.’s specialty lines rating group.
The panel will examine today’s market, including pricing and availability, for specialty insurance, known in various forms as surplus lines, excess & surplus or non-admitted coverage. They will also survey changes in the financial strength of the specialty insurance sector of the property/casualty industry. Specialty insurance includes coverages typically not available through standard commercial or personal insurance products. Best’s Review®, A.M. Best Co.’s monthly news magazine, will cover this topic in the September issue and will include content from the Webcast.
Topics to be covered in the panel discussion include:
* The state of insurance capacity and the availability of various lines of coverage;
* How terms and limitations may be changing for various lines of specialty coverage;
* How pricing, availability and retention experience have been affected for these lines of insurance coverage: property, catastrophe-exposed property, casualty, professional liability, directors and officers (both public and private), healthcare and medical liability, excess and umbrella, and environmental and transportation;
* Financial strength of insurers serving the specialty lines industry
Registration for this event is free. Participants are encouraged to send in comments and questions for the discussion portion of the presentation. The Webcast will be available worldwide via a link provided upon registration.