Monday, March 31, 2008

Kentucky Man Pleads Guilty to Fraud

A Spencer County, Kentucky man must repay $9,718.66 in health insurance benefits he received after reportedly lying on the application. Douglas Richardson, 37, of Taylorsville, reportedly admitted that he lied on a health insurance application with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, stating that he didn’t have any significant health problems when he actually had several specific medical conditions. Anthem paid claims based on this fraudulent information. He pleaded guilty to one felony count of insurance fraud and will be supervised for five years through a pretrial diversion agreement in Jefferson Circuit Court. Richardson was ordered to make restitution to Anthem for the claims paid on his behalf. In addition, he must pay a fine of $918.40 to KOI for investigative expenses. He waived his right to request that the record be expunged of this charge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Picking on the little guy! In my post tonight I tell my story on why I currently have no health care insurance. I'm one of more than 46 million like me. Check me out at peoplepowergranny.blogspot.com and let me know what you think needs to be done to improve health care accessibility for all in the USA.