Combined Agents of America, LLC (CAA), at its annual meeting May 13-14, announced its newly elected 2008 management committee, including CAA's new president, Don Jones, president of Crockett Insurance Service, Crockett, Texas.
CAA (www.combinedagents.com) also welcomed new members Aars & Nelson Insurance Agency, LP and Barnard Insurance Agency, LLP as its 34th and 35th members. CAA is a managing general agency (MGA) committed to strengthening the independent insurance agency system through profitable growth, quality and service for its member agencies.
"Last year proved to be one of our best as CAA generated over $387,000,000 in combined property and casualty premiums, and added new members," said Brent Borgstedte, CAA chairman and president of GBS Insurance Agency, Inc., Bellaire, Texas. "Growth remains CAA's primary goal as internal networking continues to drive our success, and as new members continue to expand our knowledge pool. We are thrilled to add such reputable agencies as Aars & Nelson and Barnard Insurance to our team."
Founded in 1930, Barnard Insurance is headquartered in Wichita Falls, Texas. The independent insurance agency not only serves Wichita Falls, but the surrounding areas by writing all lines of insurance, including commercial business, personal, and life and health policies.
Another independent insurance agency, Aars & Nelson Insurance, has provided the people of Clifton, TX and the surrounding areas with all lines of insurance since 1929.
"We were drawn primarily to CAA by the networking opportunities and expertise we can access by joining an organization comprised of so many respected agencies," said BC Bennett, president for Aars & Nelson Insurance, Clifton, Texas. "We welcome the opportunity to offer our clients the expanded markets, pricing and support that comes from being a member of CAA."Each CAA management committee member is elected to serve a two-year term and is selected by its board of members based on their leadership abilities and contributions to the organization.
The new 2008 management committee includes:
* Chairman of the Board - Brent Borgstedte, president of GBS Insurance Agency Inc., Bellaire, TX. Borgstedte is also a member of the Independent Insurance Agents of Houston's board of directors.
* President - Don C. Jones, CIC, president of Crockett Insurance Service, president of Houston-Walker Counties Insurance Service & Crockett Financial Service, Crockett, TX.
* Executive Vice President - Michael Sachse, Vice President of Walthall Sachse & Pipes, Inc., San Antonio, TX.
* Second Vice President - Michael T. Siegeler, CIC, president of the Siegeler Insurance Agency, Inc., Giddings, TX.
* Secretary - Lloyd Eisenrich, president of The Weatherby-Eisenrich Inc., headquartered in Andrews, TX with two other locations in Odessa, TX as Edgmon-Eisenrich Insurance and in Granbury, TX as Insco Insurance.
* Treasurer - Jim Norris, CEO of Henry Norris Insurance Agency, Inc., Lamesa, TX. Norris is a graduate of Southern Methodist University with a BBA in Insurance.
* Past President - Bill Bridges, CIC, executive vice president of Duncan, Fraser & Bridges, Pampa, TX. Bridges serves on the Texas Mutual Agents' Council and the Travelers' Regional Agents Council. He previously served as president of the Independent Insurance Agents of the Panhandle and on Republic's Commercial Lines Council.
CAA's member agencies convene on a quarterly basis to share knowledge, discuss industry issues, review its relationships with insurance carriers, and assess CAA operations. Highlights from the recent board meeting include:
* New member presentation to independent agency prospects,
* Insurance carrier presentations by Great American, Hartford Steam Boiler, Berkshire Hathaway and Silver Plume.
* Award presentation to outgoing CAA officers, including former CAA president Bill Bridges.