Friday, August 15, 2008

Grant to Help Add Jobs for Hurricane Cleanup

The U.S. Department of Labor announced a $7,350,171 grant to Texas to create approximately 475 temporary jobs to assist in cleanup and recovery efforts as a result of Hurricane Dolly.

"This $7.4 million grant will provide Texans with temporary jobs assisting in disaster relief and clean-up efforts to help communities recover from Hurricane Dolly damage," said Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao.

On July 24, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) declared the following counties in Texas eligible for FEMA's Public Assistance Program: Aransas, Bexar, Brooks, Calhoun, Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Starr, Victoria and Willacy.

The grant, awarded to the Texas Workforce Commission, will be used in Gulf Coast counties to provide temporary employment on projects for the cleanup, demolition, repair, renovation and reconstruction of destroyed public structures, facilities and lands within affected communities. Funds will also be used for projects that provide retraining services for those who cannot return to work and humanitarian assistance for disaster victims, including work on the homes of individuals eligible for the federally funded weatherization program.

Of the total announced today, $2,450,000 will be released initially. The balance will be released as the state demonstrates a continued need for disaster assistance.

13 comments:

brenda6687 said...

I need a job. Will come to Texas and help clean up. Contact me at Gacontractors.kenny@gmail.com

I have been out of work.

Thanks,
Kenny Seabolt

Anonymous said...

INEED A JOB I WILL WORK IN ANY STATE THAT NEEDS CLEAN-UP FROM HURRICANE.E-MAIL BACK AT mlb@nu-z.net

Anonymous said...

I WORKED WITH FEMA ON THE CLEANUP CREW AND IN NEED TO WORK I'M NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW MY NAME IS LARRY ELAM YOU CAN REACH ME AT 706-401-5725 OR 706-359-6409 OR E-MAIL MY FRIEND AT mlb@nu-z.net or call her business 706-359-7649

Anonymous said...

I am looking for work and I will go where I am needed. silasram405@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Looking For hurricane clean-up work. contact me at fighthefuture@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

i am a tree surgion in fl i am willing to drive out to texas with my trailer to help with the clean up of the disaster please contact me on my cell at 352 224 8323

Anonymous said...

My name is Kyle Russell I am a 1 year electrical apprentice and have lots of experience in construction. I live in Michigan and am willing to travel to Texas for work.Please contact me at (269)673-3031

Anonymous said...

am willing to travel to hurricane struck states and work have heavy equipment and plenty of experince and man power

contact info redrebel1525@hotmail.com

thanks ..coty

Anonymous said...

am willing to travel to hurricane struck states and work have heavy equipment and plenty of experince and man power

contact info redrebel1525@hotmail.com

thanks ..coty

Anonymous said...

i have been layed off and ready to go to texas for clean up work any kind ASAP. please contact me at gnob4u@yahoo.com have experience in construction and clean up. thank you GARY

Anonymous said...

Ready to go to work!! Truck and 6x12 covered trailor filled w/tools air compressors, genarators etc. will fax resum'e and letters of recomandation,certification,etc. e-mail at gccllc@msn.com or call 352-288-0959 will fax info upon request..

Anonymous said...

Self contained municipal managment team ready to help. We have street sweepers, combination sewer cleaners, front end loaders, and acess to any type of envirnmental equip needed. Can be onsite in 15days from contract.

Anonymous said...

My self and my buddy ready to travel to were the disaster relief for construction and cleanup is needed most. please contact Robert at 615-347-3356. Thank you